The young talents of Abu Dhabi are finally being given a platform to showcase their talents to the public. The Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) is launching a series of live performing art shows called ‚ÄúAbu Dhabi Unplugged‚ÄĚ. This program is an initiative to allow young people to display their artistic skills in singing, dancing, stand-up comedy, performing arts, and anything in between.
The first event will be held on the 21st of July (Friday) at Yas Mall from 5pm until 10pm. The public is encouraged to attend the free shows to enjoy and support the talented young artists that might just be the next big hits!
By hosting such initiatives, TCA Abu Dhabi aims to support the art scene in the emirate and in the country by providing necessary means to promote local artistic talents and to strengthen its presence both locally and internationally. The Authority aims to instil a culture of creativity and innovation in the younger generation through an array of cultural, communal and educational programmes.
Various acts will be displayed throughout the evening by extremely talented performers, some of them you might already know:
- Mohammad Ahmed Fikree, an award-winning director and the founder of MohdFikree Studio, will be taking part in the event and three of his animated films (‚ÄúMad Camel‚ÄĚ, ‚ÄúChildren‚ÄĚ, and ‚ÄúGirl and It‚ÄĚ) will be screened during the evening.
- Dumbomedy‚Äôs Improv Troupe, the first and only comedy and urban arts school in the MENA region.
- Waleed Tharwat, who started hip-hop dancing at the age of 10, has performed in a number of countries alongside Espada Crew and has won three championships.
- Khalifa Al Badoor, a mass communication student, will be singing and playing the guitar.
- Roudha Al Hameli, a self-taught pianist who is currently studying International Business and Languages in Paris Sorbonne University.