A vacation with your family can be great fun, but it can also be full of stress and hidden minefields as you run into unexpected obstacles and glitches. Here are my thoughts on how you can guarantee fun.
- What kind of holiday do you want? This is a question I like to play with when I am planning a holiday. It takes into account the preference of each member of the family. Look for unexpected answers and be open to what people may offer you.
- Ask about what grand and glorious adventure awaits you. Wake up every morning and ask this question. It sets the tone for the day. It brings you out of the mindset of yesterday and elevates your day from the mundane.
- How much fun is possible today? Be open to the fun and the joyful. The simplest of activities can be a source of enjoyment, whether it is a walk on the beach, a game of badminton with the kids, a day at the movies. You just have to look for them.
- What other possibilities are available? Sometimes unexpected glitches crop up. You can choose to be upset about them or you can embrace different possibilities. Don’t be stuck on a plan. Be ready and willing to change anything.
- Don’t overfill the day with activities Don’t overschedule your day, and allow some down time. Maybe read books, listen to music, chat with friends, slow down. A constant schedule of activity is very tiring.