Name: Rand El Merhi
Profession: Graphics designer and photographer
Nationality: Palestinian Lebanese
Motto: We know what we are, but know not what we may be – William Shakespeare
- Your most valued possession? My laptop, it is attached to me.
- Where we can find you most? Any place that has a calm atmosphere, or at my studio.
- One thing you cannot live without? CAFFEINE!
- Who inspires you the most? People in general, I find inspiration in everyone around me whether I know them or not.
- Five things you need for survival? Caffeine, laptop, camera, phone and my wallet. Basically the items I have on me all the time!
- Car you would like to own? It used to be the Mercedes S Class Coupe, but now it’s the new Mercedes AMG GTS. I’m in love with it!
- Your idea of peace? The beach and a hammock. Swimming when the sun is up and bonfire while watching the starts at night.
- Your goal in life? Tobecome a well-known designer and photographer, as well as to open my own events company.
- Items you keep on buying even though you have plenty of them? Nail polish: I am trying to collect every shade of every colour. And art supplies: I can’t get enough of them
- Craziest thing you have ever done? Went on a camping trip to a remote area and disconnected totally from the world.
- An early memory? Manually developing my first film and printing the images in a dark room.
- If your life were a book, what would it be called…? Disastrous Rollercoaster
- If you could wake up tomorrow in someone else’s body, it would be…? Beyonce!
- Music you would want played at your funeral? Bryan Adams/Celine Dion.
- Current Last SONG syndrome (LSS)? Cheerleader by OMI.
- Favourite hangout? Anywhere outdoors with Friends.
- If today were your last day- where would you rush to go? The beach!
- Idea of a perfect weekend? A relaxing day with family and a fun day with friends.
- Recent place you travelled to…? Lebanon with the family to visit my relatives and my hometown.
- If you were on death row, what would your last meal be? For appetizer: dynamite shrimp from P.F.Chang, Mushroom Miso soup from Sumo, and Cucumber Crab salad from Scuzzi. For the main dish: Sushi and more sushi from both Sumo and Scuzzi, burgers from Elevation Burger and Teppinyaki from Samurai.
- And dessert…? Everything off the menu of Dip and Dip, and every kind of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory.
Photography by Angeli Castillo