Name: Trévon Dyson aka Sharise aka Tré
Profession: Teacher/Makeup Artist (Beat by Tre Makeup Artistry)
Motto: “To whom much is given, much is required.”
- Your most valued possession?
My most valued possession is my family. To me they mean everything.
- Where can we find you hanging out most?
LOL, probably in a food court and if not there at a makeup store.
- One thing you cannot live without?
Sadly, currently my iPhone. LOL don’t judge me. It keeps me organized. It’s an extension of my brain when it comes to writing down notes and whatnots.
- Four other things you need for your survival?
Food. Makeup. Macbook. INTERNET!!!!! LOL
- Car you would like to own?
I’m real easy going. I want a custom colour Jeep Wrangler, LOL.
- Typical day in your life?
I get up and do my job as a teacher. I go to a client or I am practicing on myself or researching makeup. I end the night on Snapchat with my family, specifically my oldest nephew. I love him LOL. Funny kid at 2 years old.
- Where you see yourself in 10 years?
With two or three businesses and relaxing on a private beach with a mojito. Mojito is a must LOL.
- Your idea of peace?
Peace is so complex, but on a smaller scale, peace for me is time for me to just sit in silence and reflect.
- Goal in life?
To touch lives. I am not seeking to be famous, but I do seek to simply touch lives. To leave a legacy to make my family and my children (that I will one day have) proud.
- An item you keep buying (even though you have plenty of it)?
LOL, that would be makeup. LOL, personally I feel you can’t ever have enough but sensibly right now I have enough but I can not stop buying it.
- A random act of kindness you performed recently?
I often bring care packages to the cleaning staff at my job and phone credits for them to call their families bc family for me is so important.
- Three things that you can improve on tomorrow?
To just do. When you’re tired or even thinking you can put it of, just do it. It’s taught me that you need to fail to succeed so embrace it. Speak more positivity and feed yourself and not be too hard on yourself.
- Anyone in your life deserve a big old thank you?
My mom. My mom made a lot of sacrifices for things that I wanted to do when I was younger which have all been a stepping stone to where I am now.
- Have you found your purpose yet?
I would like to say that I have. I love making people feel beautiful and boosting their confidence and makeup allows me to do that. However I am always evolving so maybe I haven’t but for now, I think I have.
- The craziest thing you’ve ever done?
LOL, I am not sure about this one. I am such a planner.
- Your earliest memory?
My earliest memories are summers in Louisiana with my cousins. Simply playing outdoors all day long and having to be forced to come outside. There is something about being outside that is just so freeing. Breathing in fresh air is amazing!
- If your life was a book, what would it be called?
LOL if it were a book, it would be called “Be patient, God is not through with me yet.” A movie, LOL I am not sure.
- If given a chance to change your name, would you?
I wouldn’t change my name. I love and hate that people mistake me for a man if not having met me LOL. It adds to the uniqueness and the mystery of who I am.
- How social are you? (Facebook/ Twitter/ Tumblr etc)
That I am. I’ve 3 Instagram and 3 Facebook pages, business of course. (Insta: @Trevon.Dyson, @CuratedByTre, @MaryKayByTre / FB: Beat By Tre Makeup, Curated By Tre, Mary Kay By Tre) I’m very selective about who I let into my personal space/page so I pretty much know the majority of my friends.
- To look absolutely fabulous, how would you dress?
Heels and some makeup. Sometimes I throw on a wig depending on how I am feeling. LOL mostly tho I just need some heels and makeup.
- Who would you most/least like to be stuck in an elevator with?
I don’t ever want to be stuck but if I was, LOL don’t let me get stuck with Solange! LOL If I did get stuck, I would want to be stuck with people like Pat Mcgrath, Sam Fine, Nicky Posely, Kevin Aucoin, and many others that I read up on quite often when I study makeup.
- If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else, who would it be?
I simply want to be me.
- The right music to make a party better?
Any music that can get me out of my seat and a slight twerk I am all for it, LOL.
- The kind of music that you would want played on your funeral?
I would definelty need some Beyonce, Luther, Prince, Whitney, and some Tamela Mann.
- You current Last SONG syndrome (LSS)?
Sorry by Beyonce LOL.
- If you were trapped in a TV show for a month, which one would it be?
I would be trapped in Project Runway.
- The most recent movie that made you cry?
Ah man, everything makes me cry. I watched Love Jones last night and cried. I am a punk LOL.
- Your fave place, hangout?
NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!!!
- If today is the last day – where would you go?
To the church and before the altar!
- Your idea of a perfect weekend?
Beach day with all my favourite people, good tunes, and a mojito. Remember, a mojito is always a must LOL.
- Countries you travelled to? And your wishlist of the ones to visit.
I have visited Costa Rica, Amsterdam, Greece, Mexico, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Russia, France, Italy, Spain, Portugual, Thailand, Bali, Bahrain…I feel like I am leaving places off. I’ve traveled a lot. I still must visit Maldives. That is my only wish right now LOL.
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
In the Maldives with my mojitio in hand on the edge of the deck in my over water villa.
- If you found yourself with a free ticket to the moon, would you go?
I would surely go. I used to want to be an astrounaut. I would probably take my Mom. I want to give my Mom the world so the mood is appropirate right?
- An event you wish you’ve witnessed in history?
Hmmmmm, this is a hard one.
- If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
Mac and cheese, chicken, cornbread, grits with sugar, and some bacon! hahahaha